Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our Trip To Virginia City
















Today I, David and Craig and I went to Virginia City for a picnic and I dropped Craig and DavidDad off for the much awaited 10 mile bike ride down hill to our home. They had a nice ride home and I got to do some touring of the city by myself.


David and Craig by old restored Ward School. A couple photos are of the Louisianna Jazz restaurant where we cashed in our Christmas Coupons.



Last stop at the MacKay Mansion. The grandson of our tour guide was there and he was much interested in the play on Virginia City I have written. He had the lead singer part in the play Annie Get Your Gun. Elise and I attended right before we moved into our house. He was a very nice 17 year old. At Grandma's Fudge Shop I found out they will be hiring in a couple of weeks and hire 14 year olds and up. If you'd like scooping ice cream to a steady line of customers that go all the way out the back door you may be able to get on at $8.25 per hour. There are better paying jobs also. My favorite the Tahoe Hotel I didn't get pictures of.

The costumes for the play are coming along. It is like a community service I am working on. It will surely just be able to break even by the time the wages and expenses are paid. I hope in 4 years Virginia City will be a family orientated destination .

No comments: